RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum after changing ACCESS ID password, can't login using application designer

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
      When you change the sysadm password you need to reencrypt the passwords, as
      the encryption algorithm uses the sysadm password as part of it.

      look for resetpswd.dms in your ps_home/scripts directory

      hope this helps...

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you."

      Carl Sandburg
      (1878 - 1967)

      ----Original Message Follows----

      Good morning all.

      I have changed the sysadm password using peoplesoft
      prefer method as below as log into data mover in
      bootstrap mode.

      CHANGE_ACCESS_PASSWORD symbolicID (HRXX) newpassword
      (sysadm1);

      I'm able to login database and data mover with
      sysadm�s new password no problem. However, I cannot
      login to application designer now, receiving following
      error message.

      SQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 404 -
      ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

      What is the issue here? I tried the old password and
      new password for application designer, but didn�t
      work. Anyone have and idea what went wrong here?

      Thanks!

    • Robert Ellis
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
        Are you trying to login to App Designer as SYSADM? That won't work, app
        designer can only be logged in with an application user like PS, or VP1.

        Robert Ellis
        PSE Data Security GmbH
        http://www.psedatasecurity.com

        I have changed the sysadm password using peoplesoft
        prefer method as below as log into data mover in
        bootstrap mode.

        CHANGE_ACCESS_PASSWORD symbolicID (HRXX) newpassword
        (sysadm1);

        I'm able to login database and data mover with
        sysadm's new password no problem. However, I cannot
        login to application designer now, receiving following
        error message.

        SQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 404 -
        ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

        What is the issue here? I tried the old password and
        new password for application designer, but didn't
        work. Anyone have and idea what went wrong here?

        Thanks!

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA is published by Apress - see
        http://www.psftdba.com
        The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
          Robert,

          Good point - I didn't think he was trying to use an Oracle user ID to log
          into PeopleSoft....

[...]

        • John Hayes
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
            Excellent! I have made an assumption that sysadm can
            login to app designer just like data mover. I didn't
            know… I guess I’m OK now.

            Thanks very much Robert, Clark!

            --- Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...>

            http://mail.yahoo.com