after changing ACCESS ID password, can't login using application designer

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
      Good morning all.

      I have changed the sysadm password using peoplesoft
      prefer method as below as log into data mover in
      bootstrap mode.

      CHANGE_ACCESS_PASSWORD symbolicID (HRXX) newpassword
      (sysadm1);

      I'm able to login database and data mover with
      sysadm’s new password no problem. However, I cannot
      login to application designer now, receiving following
      error message.

      SQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 404 -
      ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

      What is the issue here? I tried the old password and
      new password for application designer, but didn’t
      work. Anyone have and idea what went wrong here?

      Thanks!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
        When you change the sysadm password you need to reencrypt the passwords, as
        the encryption algorithm uses the sysadm password as part of it.

        look for resetpswd.dms in your ps_home/scripts directory

        hope this helps...

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
        only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
        can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
        spend it for you."

        Carl Sandburg
        (1878 - 1967)

        ----Original Message Follows----

        Good morning all.

        I have changed the sysadm password using peoplesoft
        prefer method as below as log into data mover in
        bootstrap mode.

        CHANGE_ACCESS_PASSWORD symbolicID (HRXX) newpassword
        (sysadm1);

        I'm able to login database and data mover with
        sysadm�s new password no problem. However, I cannot
        login to application designer now, receiving following
        error message.

        SQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 404 -
        ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

        What is the issue here? I tried the old password and
        new password for application designer, but didn�t
        work. Anyone have and idea what went wrong here?

        Thanks!

      • Robert Ellis
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
          Are you trying to login to App Designer as SYSADM? That won't work, app
          designer can only be logged in with an application user like PS, or VP1.

          Robert Ellis
          PSE Data Security GmbH
          http://www.psedatasecurity.com

          I have changed the sysadm password using peoplesoft
          prefer method as below as log into data mover in
          bootstrap mode.

          CHANGE_ACCESS_PASSWORD symbolicID (HRXX) newpassword
          (sysadm1);

          I'm able to login database and data mover with
          sysadm's new password no problem. However, I cannot
          login to application designer now, receiving following
          error message.

          SQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 404 -
          ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

          What is the issue here? I tried the old password and
          new password for application designer, but didn't
          work. Anyone have and idea what went wrong here?

          Thanks!

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA is published by Apress - see
          http://www.psftdba.com
          The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
              Excellent! I have made an assumption that sysadm can
              login to app designer just like data mover. I didn't
              know… I guess I’m OK now.

              Thanks very much Robert, Clark!

              --- Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...>

              http://mail.yahoo.com