PeopleSoft -Application Server

  • jattinps
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2006
      <Moderator>This is an example of how not to ask a question in a user group!</Moderator>

      Hi,
      We are facing the performance issue which is impacting peoplesoft
      response time. At any particular time when the usage is high we have
      some 80-90 concurrent user online which in turn affecting peoplesoft
      response time.

      Do we need to change service parameters in application server for this
      or else we need to change any other parameter which can help us in
      improving performance.

      Cheers,
      Jattinps
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2006
        Focus response time (Method R - see
        http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/optoraclep/chapter/ch01.pdf).
        Work out what is taking the time, and hence what you should do about it.

        There are no silver bullets. There are almost certainly things you can tune
        and that may involve changing a parameter.
        But until you settle down and work out what is going on, no one on this or
        any other forum is going to be able to help you.

        good hunting!

        http://www.psftdba.com
        The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • negi2u
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2006
          i have attached one configuration & tuning PeopleSoft application
          server presentation in Files section of psftdba group.

          Hope this will help you to answer your questions.

          cheers,
          manoj

          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2006
            Unfortunately, there are some significant errors in the presentation!
            The diagram showing the flow through all the processes is completely wrong.s

            The PeopleSoft DBA Blog: http://psftdba.blogspot.com

            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2006
              :-) fortunately, you find it that is good enough.... well, i did not
              prepared it.... :-))

              i had picked it up from another group and post it here... if it's not
              accurate and precise then let me know... i will delete it from file
              section....

              also, which diagram you are talking about... page number please??

              appreciate your insights...

            • Robert Ellis
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2006
                Can't open it - says part of the file is missing.

                Dave, send me the zip file?

                Robert Ellis
                PSE Data Security GmbH
                http://www.psedatasecurity.com