RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Weblogic exceptions

  • Robert Ellis
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
      Red rag and bull situation eh?

      OK, while it is theoretically possible to run an 8.0, 8.1, or 8.3
      application on PeopleTools 8.4x it is not supported by PeopleSoft and there
      are certain components (security for one) that would give some interesting
      issues.

      The important point is it is not supported therefore you cannot upgrade from
      PeopleTools 8.19 to 8.44 without upgrading the application. With me so far?

      Next, GSC does not have any solution suggesting this approach - what is the
      incident number where you found this solution?

      <Supercilious mode>

      Be careful stating that solutions come from PeopleSoft unless you can back
      it up. There are those of us still with Oracle|PeopleSoft who might just
      know better.

      </supercilious mode>

      Bob

        wrote:

        > Manoj, are you seriously suggesting a PeopleTools
        > 8.4x upgrade, which would
        > also require an application upgrade - maybe 6 months
        > to a years work to fix
        > one technical issue?  Are you crazy?
        >
        > Subair,
        >
        > If you'd like to send me your weblogic config file
        > I'll have a quick look
        > and see if there's any obvious tuning required based
        > on PS standards - or
        > you might just want to check out PS performance
        > tuning red paper.  I suspect
        > that a single web server is not enough for your
        > workload and load balancing
        > may be necessary.  FYI we ran WL 5.1 with JVM's up
        > to 2 Gb without any
        > issues.
        >
        > As for the specific issue, we see this quite often
        > on all versions of WL
        > when static files are being streamed.  There's never
        > been a satisfactory
        > answer from PS or BEA but it doesn't appear to
        > effect the end result i.e.
        > the file is transferred.
        >
        > You could in fact go for version 8.1 of Weblogic but
        > that would mean a
        > PeopleTools upgrade to 8.21 or 8.22.  It's not
        > really worth the effort
        > unless a tools upgrade is planned anyway or there
        > are other issues requiring
        > a tools upgrade.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Bob

        Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
        Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.