Can i use two texudo (6.5/8.1) version on the same server

  • shanmugaraj.sundarapandiyan@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
      We need to configure two FINANCE 8.4 and 8.8 application on the same
      server(win 2000 ).Can I configure two Tuxedo version ( 6.5 & 8.1) on the
      same server .I am getting the following error when I try to boot the
      application server

      tmboot:internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:4849: ERROR: Unable to initialize
      public key subsystem

      Thanks & Regards,
      shan
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
        I think you should be able to, if you install them to different directories
        and call them separately.

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
        only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
        can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
        spend it for you."

        Carl Sandburg
        (1878 - 1967)

        ----Original Message Follows----

        Hi,

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
          Yes you can if you really need to, you just have to be _very_ careful
          about the setting of the $TUXDIR environment variable to point to the correct installation, and then the position of the $TUXDIR/bin in your path when you start and also when reconfigure a domain.

          What Tools version is the 8.4 environment. Are you sure you need Tux
          6.5?

          Whenever you get a message out of Tuxedo that you do not understand you should look it on the BEA website at http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/index.htm

          This one is in http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/cdtux/cdtux048.htm. It says "tmboot(1) or tmshutdown(1) was unable to initialize its public key subsystem. There may be a problem with the registry, or with the configured plug-in. "

          So we haven't even got to the point of starting PeopleSoft processes. tmboot, which starts the domain, is having trouble. So this is fairly fundemental.

          I think the error message probably means you are pointed at the wrong
          version of Tuxedo and one of the Tuxedo processes has got very confused (because there are changes in the communication with the IPC management service between 6.5 and 8.1).

          To be honest, it would be easier to manage the environments if they
          were on different servers.

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, <shanmugaraj.sundarapandiyan@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > We need to configure two FINANCE 8.4 and 8.8 application on the
          same
          > server(win 2000 ).Can I configure two Tuxedo version ( 6.5 & 8.1) on
          the
          > same server .I am getting the following error when I try to boot the
          > application server
          >
          > tmboot:internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:4849: ERROR: Unable to initialize
          > public key subsystem
          >
          > Thanks & Regards,
          > shan

        • Amit Kumar
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
            Dear friend,

            If you are working with win2000 server then it seems it's not worth to place two different versions of Tuxedo on the single windows machine.
            Window maintains its registry, it is always unique i think.

            Otherwise if are working with Unix machine then the situation is applicable, you have to maintain separate TUXDIR environment variable for both of them, then it will work.

            Regards,
            Amit

            David Kurtz <info2@...> wrote:
            Yes you can if you really need to, you just have to be _very_ careful
            about the setting of the $TUXDIR environment variable to point to the correct installation, and then the  position of the $TUXDIR/bin in your path when you start and also when reconfigure a domain.

            What Tools version is the 8.4 environment.  Are you sure you need Tux
            6.5?

            Whenever you get a message out of Tuxedo that you do not understand you should look it on the BEA website at http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/index.htm

            This one is in http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/cdtux/cdtux048.htm.  It says "tmboot(1) or tmshutdown(1) was unable to initialize its public key subsystem. There may be a problem with the registry, or with the configured plug-in. "

            So we haven't even got to the point of starting PeopleSoft processes.  tmboot, which starts the domain, is having trouble.  So this is fairly fundemental.

            I think the error message probably means you are pointed at the wrong
            version of Tuxedo and one of the Tuxedo processes has got very confused (because there are changes in the communication with the IPC management service between 6.5 and 8.1).

            To be honest, it would be easier to manage the environments if they
            were on different servers.

            --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, <shanmugaraj.sundarapandiyan@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >     We need to configure two FINANCE 8.4 and 8.8 application on the
            same
            > server(win 2000 ).Can I configure two Tuxedo version ( 6.5 & 8.1) on
            the
            > same server .I am getting the following error when I try to boot the
            > application server
            >
            > tmboot:internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:4849: ERROR: Unable to initialize
            > public key subsystem
            >
            > Thanks & Regards,
            > shan

            Yahoo! Mail

            Yahoo! Mail

          • Robert Ellis
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006

              There’s no problem on Windows either.  There’s a good doc on CC on the things to watch for but as Tuxedo 8.1 gets most of it’s environment dynamically there’s no show stoppers.

              David Kurtz <info2@...> wrote:

              Yes you can if you really need to, you just have to be _very_ careful
              about the setting of the $TUXDIR environment variable to point to the correct installation, and then the  position of the $TUXDIR/bin in your path when you start and also when reconfigure a domain.

              What Tools version is the 8.4 environment.  Are you sure you need Tux
              6.5?

              Whenever you get a message out of Tuxedo that you do not understand you should look it on the BEA website at http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/index.htm

              This one is in http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/cdtux/cdtux048.htm.  It says "tmboot(1) or tmshutdown(1) was unable to initialize its public key subsystem. There may be a problem with the registry, or with the configured plug-in. "

              So we haven't even got to the point of starting PeopleSoft processes.  tmboot, which starts the domain, is having trouble.  So this is fairly fundemental.

              I think the error message probably means you are pointed at the wrong
              version of Tuxedo and one of the Tuxedo processes has got very confused (because there are changes in the communication with the IPC management service between 6.5 and 8.1).

              To be honest, it would be easier to manage the environments if they
              were on different servers.

              --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, <shanmugaraj.sundarapandiyan@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >     We need to configure two FINANCE 8.4 and 8.8 application on the
              same
              > server(win 2000 ).Can I configure two Tuxedo version ( 6.5 & 8.1) on
              the
              > same server .I am getting the following error when I try to boot the
              > application server
              >
              > tmboot:internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:4849: ERROR: Unable to initialize
              > public key subsystem
              >
              > Thanks & Regards,
              > shan

              Yahoo! Mail

              Yahoo! Mail

            • shanmugaraj.sundarapandiyan@wipro.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 9, 2006

                Hello David,

                      Fantastic! Thanks for your crystal clear explanation.

                      We are installed with Peoplesoft Application 8.40 /tools 8.43 I have changed the TUXDIR environment variable pointing to TUX 6.5 (changed from earlier 8.1 path on the same server & all of that appservers are using only  8.1 even now after reboot and working fine ) and reconfigured the Domain.I can even see that the domain uses TUX 6.5.But still I am getting this fatal error.Please be informed I am able to connect in two -tier thro App Designer /Datamover using VP1/VP1 user sucessfully Attached below is the error message.

                No Archive subdirectory, creating it...
                No psappsrv.cfg in the Archive subdirectory, creating it...
                Attempting to boot ...
                Booting all admin and server processes in G:\psoft\PT843\appserv\FINUG\PSTUXCFG
                INFO: TUXEDO(r) System Release 6.5
                INFO: Serial #: 101998665, Expiration NONE, Maxusers 1000000
                INFO: Licensed to: PeopleSoft

                Booting admin processes ...

                exec BBL -A :
                        process id=2080 ... Started.

                Booting server processes ...

                exec PSWATCHSRV -A -- -ID 60408 -C psappsrv.cfg -D FINUG -S PSWATCHSRV :
                        process id=508 ... Started.
                exec PSAPPSRV -p 1,600:1,1 -s@..\psappsrv.lst -s@..\psqcksrv.lst -sICQuery -sSql
                Query:SqlRequest -- -C psappsrv.cfg -D FINUG - S PSAPPSRV :
                        CMDTUX_CAT:1685: ERROR: Application initialization failure

                tmboot: CMDTUX_CAT:827: ERROR: Fatal error encountered; initiating user error ha
                ndler

                tmshutdown -qy

                Any input on this would be a help to me…Thanks in advance

                Have a nice day!!

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 9, 2006
                  1685 is an application error - you need to look in the application server log not the Tuxlog.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 9, 2006

                    David,

                                   In application server log is says “Database signon: invalid acess id or password for database signon”.I am using VP1/VP1 user. Please note it says ACESSID is invalid and not userid. But, I am able to connect in two -tier thro App Designer /Datamover using VP1/VP1 user sucessfully .Also,I am also able to connect in to datamover using the this acess id in Bootstrap mode. Additionally, I am able to connect to the oracle database using this Peoplesoft super user (Acessid).Needs your valuable input if any for solution.

                    Thanks & Regards,
                    Shan

                    1685 is an application error - you need to look in the application server log not the Tuxlog.

                    Yes you can if you really need to, you just have to be _very_ careful
                    about the setting of the $TUXDIR environment variable to point to the correct installation, and then the  position of the $TUXDIR/bin in your path when you start and also when reconfigure a domain.

                    What Tools version is the 8.4 environment.  Are you sure you need Tux
                    6.5?

                    Whenever you get a message out of Tuxedo that you do not understand you should look it on the BEA website at http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/index.htm

                    This one is in http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux81/messages/cdtux/cdtux048.htm.  It says "tmboot(1) or tmshutdown(1) was unable to initialize its public key subsystem. There may be a problem with the registry, or with the configured plug-in. "

                    So we haven't even got to the point of starting PeopleSoft processes.  tmboot, which starts the domain, is having trouble.  So this is fairly fundemental.

                    I think the error message probably means you are pointed at the wrong
                    version of Tuxedo and one of the Tuxedo processes has got very confused (because there are changes in the communication with the IPC management service between 6.5 and 8.1).

                    To be honest, it would be easier to manage the environments if they
                    were on different servers.

                    --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, <shanmugaraj.sundarapandiyan@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >     We need to configure two FINANCE 8.4 and 8.8 application on the
                    same
                    > server(win 2000 ).Can I configure two Tuxedo version ( 6.5 & 8.1) on
                    the
                    > same server .I am getting the following error when I try to boot the
                    > application server
                    >
                    > tmboot:internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:4849: ERROR: Unable to initialize
                    > public key subsystem
                    >
                    > Thanks & Regards,
                    > shan

                  • Robert Ellis
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 11, 2006

                      Check your connectid and password in psappsrv.cfg – default is people/peop1e.