RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Unable to login into the Application Designer

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
      Manoj, Have you got a copy of the installation guide from Customer Connection?

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
        Thanks Roberto,

        I will do these changes and will let you know.

        I really appreciate your help. Yours all the suggestions are extremely knowledgeable. I always noticed that you are only person who takes the initiative to answer a lot of difficult and unapproachable questions. I am really impressed with this attitude. Keep it up!

        Thanks for your help.

        Cheers,

        Manoj

        Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...> wrote:
        It should be HR88DEMO   SYSADMA

        Update it and I’ll think you’ll be able to progress.

        Robert Ellis
        PSE Data Security GmbH

        What's in PS.PSDBOWNER?  This is where the database name is mapped to the OWNERID.

        Sent: 13 January 2006 11:12
        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        -- ******************************************************************
        --
        --   SourceSafe Information:

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006

          Answers below….

          Robert Ellis

          PSE Data Security GmbH

          http://www.psedatasecurity.com

          Please let me know what's schema and what's PSOFT schema.

          A schema is a collection of objects belonging to one user – your PeopleSoft user (Oracle) is SYSADMA, therefore, your schema is called SYSADMA.  All PeopleSoft tables, indexes, triggers, views etc belong to this user.

          I read the connect.sql and it say

          Oracle DBA is required to run this script logged in as the PSOFT
          -- Schema Owner(ie ACCESSID).

          Correct, you run the script as SYSTEM but you mean CONNECTID not ACCESSID I think.  ACCESSID would be SYSADMA, CONNECTID would be PEOPLE.

          When I executed the data mover script does it also create a user SYSADMA automatically. Can I login into SYSADM userid?

          Not sure what you mean here – the SYSADMA user would have been created by psadmin.sql  Did you use SYSADMA or SYSADM?

          If I grant the "select on" permission using the "SYSTEM as sysdba" will it not work?

          Don’t do that.  You might get it to work but it is very wrong.

          PSDBOWNER is in PS so it's PS.PSDBOWNER. Contents are as under:

          HR88DEMO  PS

          This is where your issue comes from.  The login process initially logs in as people, then reads PSDBOWNER to get the DB Owner ID (in your case PS, should be SYSADMA) and then tries to login using that user.

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
            Yes, I have copy of PeopleTools 8.44 installation guide (Oracle). I read this guide 2-3 times... especially the last chapter... Creating Database Manually On Windows.... and Creating Database....

            Should I refer some other section also?

            Thanks,

            Manoj

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006

[...]