RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Unable to login into the Application Designer

  • Manoj Negi
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
      Thanks Roberto,

      Please let me know what's schema and what's PSOFT schema. I read the connect.sql and it say

      Oracle DBA is required to run this script logged in as the PSOFT
      -- Schema Owner(ie ACCESSID).

      When I executed the data mover script does it also create a user SYSADMA automatically. Can I login into SYSADM userid?

      If I grant the "select on" permission using the "SYSTEM as sysdba" will it not work?

      PSDBOWNER is in PS so it's PS.PSDBOWNER. Contents are as under:

      HR88DEMO  PS

      PSSTATUS, PSACCESSPRFL and PSOPRDEFN is in SYSTEM so it's SYSTEM.PSSTATUS, SYSTEM.PSACCESSPRFL and SYSTEM.PSOPRDEFN

      I will send you the contents of these table shortly.

      Thanks,

      Manoj

      Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...> wrote:
      Don’t do that, this table should be owned by SYSADMA so create it in that schema instead.

      Can you post the contents of the following tables then you’ll get better advice:

      PSDBOWNER
      PSSTATUS
      PSACCESSPRFL
      PSOPRDEFN (just for OPRID=’PS’)

      Robert Ellis
      PSE Data Security GmbH

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
        Manoj, Have you got a copy of the installation guide from Customer Connection?

        -- ******************************************************************
        --
        --   SourceSafe Information:

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
          Thanks Roberto,

          I will do these changes and will let you know.

          I really appreciate your help. Yours all the suggestions are extremely knowledgeable. I always noticed that you are only person who takes the initiative to answer a lot of difficult and unapproachable questions. I am really impressed with this attitude. Keep it up!

          Thanks for your help.

          Cheers,

          Manoj

          Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...> wrote:
          It should be HR88DEMO   SYSADMA

          Update it and I’ll think you’ll be able to progress.

          Robert Ellis
          PSE Data Security GmbH

          What's in PS.PSDBOWNER?  This is where the database name is mapped to the OWNERID.

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006

            Answers below….

            Robert Ellis

            PSE Data Security GmbH

            http://www.psedatasecurity.com

            Please let me know what's schema and what's PSOFT schema.

            A schema is a collection of objects belonging to one user – your PeopleSoft user (Oracle) is SYSADMA, therefore, your schema is called SYSADMA.  All PeopleSoft tables, indexes, triggers, views etc belong to this user.

            I read the connect.sql and it say

            Oracle DBA is required to run this script logged in as the PSOFT
            -- Schema Owner(ie ACCESSID).

            Correct, you run the script as SYSTEM but you mean CONNECTID not ACCESSID I think.  ACCESSID would be SYSADMA, CONNECTID would be PEOPLE.

            When I executed the data mover script does it also create a user SYSADMA automatically. Can I login into SYSADM userid?

            Not sure what you mean here – the SYSADMA user would have been created by psadmin.sql  Did you use SYSADMA or SYSADM?

            If I grant the "select on" permission using the "SYSTEM as sysdba" will it not work?

            Don’t do that.  You might get it to work but it is very wrong.

            PSDBOWNER is in PS so it's PS.PSDBOWNER. Contents are as under:

            HR88DEMO  PS

            This is where your issue comes from.  The login process initially logs in as people, then reads PSDBOWNER to get the DB Owner ID (in your case PS, should be SYSADMA) and then tries to login using that user.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
              Yes, I have copy of PeopleTools 8.44 installation guide (Oracle). I read this guide 2-3 times... especially the last chapter... Creating Database Manually On Windows.... and Creating Database....

              Should I refer some other section also?

              Thanks,

              Manoj

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006

[...]