Peoplesoft & Control-M

  • Pallez, Pierre-Jean
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
      Gurus

      We're got a BMC control-m installation here, we use it to schedule
      administration stuff for peoplesoft, like starting and stopping
      appserver domains, webservers etc.

      It worked very well on HP-UX for several years, but the windows flavor
      of Control-M seems to be different :
      I can stop an appserver, but I can't start it.

      We're using batch files to start and stop appservers, they've been
      tested on windows, but control-M erors out when running the start
      script, which contains

      c:
      cd \ep846\appserv
      psadmin -c boot -d DSSPS81

      This is driving me nuts, so if someone can offer advice or, even better,
      a solution, I'd really appreciate it.

      Thanks a lot
      PJ Pallez
      BIS-Switzerland

      Disclaimer

      This e-mail message shall not be construed as legally binding on the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). As internet communications are not secure, the BIS does not accept responsibility for the content of this message.

      This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments thereto from your system.

      Thank you for your cooperation.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
        What is the environment of the DOS shell created by Control-M. When I start
        an application server with a batch file I usually only have to set TUXDIR
        and PS_HOME.

        Is Control-M adding anything else to the path such that it is exceeding the
        maximum length?
        Try adding a SET command to the script and redirecting the output to a file.

        http://www.psftdba.com
        The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Robert Ellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005

          What’s the error?  In our control-m scripts we always set PS_HOME and TUXDIR prior to running psadmin command lines.

          Bob Ellis

          PSE Data Security GmbH

          http://www.psedatasecurity.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
            >What is the environment of the DOS shell created by Control-M. When I
            start an application server with a batch
            >file I usually only have to set TUXDIR and PS_HOME.

            Thanks guys, it now works OK. Funnily enough we resolved this by
            changing the windows account used by the control-m jobs. Maybe different
            admin rights...

            Thanks and have a nice weekend
            PJ Pallez - Switzerland