nVison in PS 8.8 Tools 8.46.05

  • vincepulice@bc.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005

      We’ve been running stress tests in preparation to going live on PS 8.8 around Thanksgiving. We’re finding that nVision is running very slowly in this environment compared to our PS 7.5 environment. We’re running two nVision servers that are shiny new boxes with lots of horsepower. The database server is running Oracle 9.2.0.5 on an HP-UX box with 8 processors. When we kick off the stress test, our load goes from .5 to over 4.0 and the cpu utilization goes from under 25% to 100%. We’re only allowing 4 nVision processes per server for a total of 8 concurrent.

      Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look next? I’ve traced the SQL hitting the database and I don’t see any big abusive SQL statements – just lots of SQL hammering away. Is anyone else having this experience? Better yet, has anyone had this issue and resolved it?

      Vince Pulice

      Boise Cascade, L.L.C.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
        Is your system multi-language??

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
        only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
        can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
        spend it for you."

        Carl Sandburg
        (1878 - 1967)

        ----Original Message Follows----