Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum How to upgrade PS Tools 8.41 to 8.42 ?

  • Julio C. Alonso
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 7, 2003

      Yes, You have to install everything again on the file server. In addition to that, the tuxedo version change on the PT 8.42 and the you must to reconfigure  Process Scheduler again.

      Good Luck

      The Link is here:

      http://www4.peoplesoft.com/upgrades.nsf/4a4eb8a6c8dede3388256475005d779f/48d67469031a397c88256c7700256271?OpenDocument

      Yahoo! Messenger
      Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y más ¡Gratis!
    • litbighor
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2003

        Thanks for your answer Julio.
        What about Financials bundles already passed ?
        Should I have to pass them again ?

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Julio C. Alonso" <jalonsoetc@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Yes, You have to install everything again on the file server. In
        addition to that, the tuxedo version change on the PT 8.42 and the
        you must to reconfigure Process Scheduler again.

        > Good Luck
        >
        > The Link is here:

        http://www4.peoplesoft.com/upgrades.nsf/4a4eb8a6c8dede3388256475005d77
        9f/48d67469031a397c88256c7700256271?OpenDocument

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Messenger
        > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
        más #161;Gratis!
      • Julio C. Alonso
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2003

          No,

          This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle. For Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and after that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.

          Hope this will be helpfull for you.

          cheers

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
            Sorry. I 'm a bit confusing.
            I want to upgrade a FSCM 8.4 PT 8.40 with only DMO and SYS databases
            to PT 8.42. Many bundles have been passed on DMO and SYS so some
            cobol, SQR were changed or replaced etc...

            Now, I understand that I have to install all PS server
            (file,app,web,batch) again so I have to pass the bundles again .
            But I understand Julio you said no ?

            wrote:

            > No,
            >
            > This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is
            recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle. For
            Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the
            available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and after
            that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.

            > Hope this will be helpfull for you.
            >
            > cheers
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Messenger
            > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
            más #161;Gratis!
          • Henry Poras
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
              If you install 8.42 over the existing home (make a copy first just in
              case), you don't need to reapply all of the bundles and patches.

              Henry

              --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "litbighor" <lehuyluan@h...> wrote:
              > Sorry. I 'm a bit confusing.
              > I want to upgrade a FSCM 8.4 PT 8.40 with only DMO and SYS databases
              > to PT 8.42. Many bundles have been passed on DMO and SYS so some
              > cobol, SQR were changed or replaced etc...
              >
              > Now, I understand that I have to install all PS server
              > (file,app,web,batch) again so I have to pass the bundles again .
              > But I understand Julio you said no ?
              >

              > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Julio C. Alonso" <jalonsoetc@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > No,
              > >
              > > This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is
              > recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle. For
              > Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the
              > available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and after
              > that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.
              > >
              > > Hope this will be helpfull for you.
              > >
              > > cheers
              > >

              > > ---------------------------------
              > > Yahoo! Messenger
              > > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
              > más #161;Gratis!
            • litbighor
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
                OK Thanks
                but I try to understand : Peoplesoft installer
                is smart enough to install required files and not to delete others ?
                There's something I can't catch.

                --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Poras" <hporas@a...> wrote:
                > If you install 8.42 over the existing home (make a copy first just
                in
                > case), you don't need to reapply all of the bundles and patches.
                >
                > Henry
                >
                > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "litbighor" <lehuyluan@h...> wrote:
                > > Sorry. I 'm a bit confusing.
                > > I want to upgrade a FSCM 8.4 PT 8.40 with only DMO and SYS
                databases
                > > to PT 8.42. Many bundles have been passed on DMO and SYS so some
                > > cobol, SQR were changed or replaced etc...
                > >
                > > Now, I understand that I have to install all PS server
                > > (file,app,web,batch) again so I have to pass the bundles again .
                > > But I understand Julio you said no ?
                > >

                > > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Julio C. Alonso"
                <jalonsoetc@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > No,
                > > >
                > > > This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is
                > > recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle.
                For
                > > Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the
                > > available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and
                after
                > > that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.
                > > >
                > > > Hope this will be helpfull for you.
                > > >
                > > > cheers
                > > >

                > > > ---------------------------------
                > > > Yahoo! Messenger
                > > > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
                > > más #161;Gratis!
              • Henry Poras
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
                  That is my understanding of how it is supposed to work. This is from
                  PeopleSoft support.

                  "... as part of the Upgrade you would need to overlay the new files,
                  over your existing PS_HOME, after taking a backup of your PS_HOME
                  directory, incase you need to restore, this is the recommended way."

                  So, install over the existing PS_HOME, don't create a new PS_HOME.