Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum How to upgrade PS Tools 8.41 to 8.42 ?

  • litbighor
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 7, 2003
      Thanks Julio.
      I understand thet I have to install a new file server.
      It's not a kind of upgrade but a totally new file server right ?
      I also have to put the cobol, sqr etc... of bundles again on the new
      file server ?

      Can you give me the link for the document on customer connection ?

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Julio C. Alonso" <jalonsoetc@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > Yes, you have to install a new file server to install the new
      version of PT. On Customer Connection you can find a document with
      intructions to do this upgrade.

      > good luck.
      >
      > Julio.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Messenger
      > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
      más #161;Gratis!
    • Julio C. Alonso
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 7, 2003

        Yes, You have to install everything again on the file server. In addition to that, the tuxedo version change on the PT 8.42 and the you must to reconfigure  Process Scheduler again.

        Good Luck

        The Link is here:

        http://www4.peoplesoft.com/upgrades.nsf/4a4eb8a6c8dede3388256475005d779f/48d67469031a397c88256c7700256271?OpenDocument

        Yahoo! Messenger
        Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y más ¡Gratis!
      • litbighor
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2003

          Thanks for your answer Julio.
          What about Financials bundles already passed ?
          Should I have to pass them again ?

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9, 2003

            No,

            This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle. For Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and after that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.

            Hope this will be helpfull for you.

            cheers

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
              Sorry. I 'm a bit confusing.
              I want to upgrade a FSCM 8.4 PT 8.40 with only DMO and SYS databases
              to PT 8.42. Many bundles have been passed on DMO and SYS so some
              cobol, SQR were changed or replaced etc...

              Now, I understand that I have to install all PS server
              (file,app,web,batch) again so I have to pass the bundles again .
              But I understand Julio you said no ?

              wrote:

              > No,
              >
              > This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is
              recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle. For
              Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the
              available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and after
              that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.

              > Hope this will be helpfull for you.
              >
              > cheers
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! Messenger
              > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
              más #161;Gratis!
            • Henry Poras
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
                If you install 8.42 over the existing home (make a copy first just in
                case), you don't need to reapply all of the bundles and patches.

                Henry

                --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "litbighor" <lehuyluan@h...> wrote:
                > Sorry. I 'm a bit confusing.
                > I want to upgrade a FSCM 8.4 PT 8.40 with only DMO and SYS databases
                > to PT 8.42. Many bundles have been passed on DMO and SYS so some
                > cobol, SQR were changed or replaced etc...
                >
                > Now, I understand that I have to install all PS server
                > (file,app,web,batch) again so I have to pass the bundles again .
                > But I understand Julio you said no ?
                >

                > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Julio C. Alonso" <jalonsoetc@y...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > No,
                > >
                > > This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is
                > recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle. For
                > Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the
                > available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and after
                > that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.
                > >
                > > Hope this will be helpfull for you.
                > >
                > > cheers
                > >

                > > ---------------------------------
                > > Yahoo! Messenger
                > > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
                > más #161;Gratis!
              • litbighor
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
                  OK Thanks
                  but I try to understand : Peoplesoft installer
                  is smart enough to install required files and not to delete others ?
                  There's something I can't catch.

                  --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Poras" <hporas@a...> wrote:
                  > If you install 8.42 over the existing home (make a copy first just
                  in
                  > case), you don't need to reapply all of the bundles and patches.
                  >
                  > Henry
                  >
                  > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "litbighor" <lehuyluan@h...> wrote:
                  > > Sorry. I 'm a bit confusing.
                  > > I want to upgrade a FSCM 8.4 PT 8.40 with only DMO and SYS
                  databases
                  > > to PT 8.42. Many bundles have been passed on DMO and SYS so some
                  > > cobol, SQR were changed or replaced etc...
                  > >
                  > > Now, I understand that I have to install all PS server
                  > > (file,app,web,batch) again so I have to pass the bundles again .
                  > > But I understand Julio you said no ?
                  > >

                  > > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Julio C. Alonso"
                  <jalonsoetc@y...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > No,
                  > > >
                  > > > This is only for PTools not for applications, but always is
                  > > recomended to mantain updated to the latest version of bundle.
                  For
                  > > Example I´m going to install a vanilla database with all the
                  > > available bundles, but prior to that I'll upgrade to (.42 and
                  after
                  > > that i´ll aply all the bundle for financials.
                  > > >
                  > > > Hope this will be helpfull for you.
                  > > >
                  > > > cheers
                  > > >

                  > > > ---------------------------------
                  > > > Yahoo! Messenger
                  > > > Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y
                  > > más #161;Gratis!
                • Henry Poras
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
                    That is my understanding of how it is supposed to work. This is from
                    PeopleSoft support.

                    "... as part of the Upgrade you would need to overlay the new files,
                    over your existing PS_HOME, after taking a backup of your PS_HOME
                    directory, incase you need to restore, this is the recommended way."

                    So, install over the existing PS_HOME, don't create a new PS_HOME.