Two-Tier Vs Three Tier

  • Fazale M. Haq
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005

      Hello,

      Does anyone has a good documentation on how peoplesoft two-tier and three tier connections work? From technical perspective.

      My understanding is:

      Three tier = Using app designer to login through application server. Requires a PeopleSoft login.

      Two tier = Using app desginer to login into the database directly. Requires a DB username and password.

      Thank you

      Yahoo! for Good
    • James Blanding
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
        That's about right I think. Incidentally, when connecting to the DB
        directly, the user still enters a normal Peoplesoft login. They just
        need to have the "Connect ID" and "Connect Password" fields defined
        properly in PSCFG.

        --James

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Fazale M. Haq"