RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: No "Current step" in process monitor for AE

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      I haven't checked this before responding, but I think that if the AE process
      is not restartable, it may not write the current step information (because
      it doesn't need to know where to restart). It may also be that it has not
      yet committed the update.

      Next Go-Faster Seminar: PeopleSoft for the DBA, London UK, October

      http://www.psftdba.com
      The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • venugopal nair
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
        We are getting errors while trying to import a table
        into oracle database using datamover, the errors are
        as follows "Started: Mon Oct 31 15:07:42 2005 Data
        Mover Release: 7.6 Commit done at end of record ==>NO
        MESSAGES ACCESSIBLE==> (76,44) Error: Unable to
        process create statement for P1_CONV_XLAT Ended: Mon
        Oct 31 15:07:42 2005 Unsuccessful completion".
        PeopleTools Enviroment : 7.61 Applicatoin Release :
        7.51 running on DB2

        Any resolution or any body has encountered and
        resolved .

        regards

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
          The answer is in the error message

          i) Mover Release: 7.6 Commit done at end of record ==>NO MESSAGES
          ACCESSIBLE==> (76,44)
          Firstly, the message table PSMSGCATDEFN (it may not be called this in
          PT7.6 - I can't remember) is either not populated or doesn't exist. You are
          looking for message number 44 in message set 76.

          I haven't got a PT7.5x database, but in a PT8.4x database it means: %1 -
          Table space name is required for this platform
          Message numbers are unlikely to have change, so this is probably the correct
          interpretation.
          However, you can query psmsgcatdefn in another database:

          select * from psmsgcatdefn
          where message_set_nbr = 76
          and message_nbr = 44
          /

          MESSAGE_SET_NBR MESSAGE_NBR
          --------------- -----------
          MESSAGE_TEXT
          M LAST_UPDATE_DTTM
          - -------------------
          DESCRLONG
          76 44
          %1 - Table space name is required for this platform
          M 10:52:40 05/03/1998
          The table space name is required to create this table.

          ii) Error: Unable to process create statement for P1_CONV_XLAT
          If the table that is being imported does not exist, then data mover will try
          to create it.
          It would seem that the create has failed. This is at least consistent with
          message 76,44.

          Other ways to find out what is going on is to either enable PeopleTools SQL
          trace or Oracle SQL*Trace and obtain the DDL commands being executed.

          To resolve the problem
          either i) create the table yourself before the import
          or ii) set the DDL space name with the SET command in data mover.