No "Current step" in process monitor for AE

  • rtymins1
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25 12:55 AM
      Hello All
      We've got a strange problem with our Peopletools (8.45.10; OS AIX
      5.3):
      there is no "current step" in process monitor for application engine
      during working of that one. There is only "Main" section in this
      place
      (app engine is working properly of course).
      That case appears only in one installation (test) - the others are OK
      (so I suppose that is a problem with process scheduler configuration,
      but all parameters for process schedulers are the same, especially
      "AE
      Tracing Bitfield" section).

      Have you ever met this kind of problem?

      Regards
      Robert T
    • James Blanding
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25 7:02 AM
        We have encountered that (Tools 8.45.06, AIX 5.2). I'm not sure if it
        happens for every AE program or just certain ones, but it was recently
        brought to my attention. It is a relatively low priority here, so I
        have not investigated it or filed a case.

        --James

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "rtymins1" <robert.tyminski@m...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
          I haven't checked this before responding, but I think that if the AE process
          is not restartable, it may not write the current step information (because
          it doesn't need to know where to restart). It may also be that it has not
          yet committed the update.

          Next Go-Faster Seminar: PeopleSoft for the DBA, London UK, October

          http://www.psftdba.com
          The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • venugopal nair
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
            We are getting errors while trying to import a table
            into oracle database using datamover, the errors are
            as follows "Started: Mon Oct 31 15:07:42 2005 Data
            Mover Release: 7.6 Commit done at end of record ==>NO
            MESSAGES ACCESSIBLE==> (76,44) Error: Unable to
            process create statement for P1_CONV_XLAT Ended: Mon
            Oct 31 15:07:42 2005 Unsuccessful completion".
            PeopleTools Enviroment : 7.61 Applicatoin Release :
            7.51 running on DB2

            Any resolution or any body has encountered and
            resolved .

            regards

            __________________________________
            http://farechase.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
              The answer is in the error message

              i) Mover Release: 7.6 Commit done at end of record ==>NO MESSAGES
              ACCESSIBLE==> (76,44)
              Firstly, the message table PSMSGCATDEFN (it may not be called this in
              PT7.6 - I can't remember) is either not populated or doesn't exist. You are
              looking for message number 44 in message set 76.

              I haven't got a PT7.5x database, but in a PT8.4x database it means: %1 -
              Table space name is required for this platform
              Message numbers are unlikely to have change, so this is probably the correct
              interpretation.
              However, you can query psmsgcatdefn in another database:

              select * from psmsgcatdefn
              where message_set_nbr = 76
              and message_nbr = 44
              /

              MESSAGE_SET_NBR MESSAGE_NBR
              --------------- -----------
              MESSAGE_TEXT
              M LAST_UPDATE_DTTM
              - -------------------
              DESCRLONG
              76 44
              %1 - Table space name is required for this platform
              M 10:52:40 05/03/1998
              The table space name is required to create this table.

              ii) Error: Unable to process create statement for P1_CONV_XLAT
              If the table that is being imported does not exist, then data mover will try
              to create it.
              It would seem that the create has failed. This is at least consistent with
              message 76,44.

              Other ways to find out what is going on is to either enable PeopleTools SQL
              trace or Oracle SQL*Trace and obtain the DDL commands being executed.

              To resolve the problem
              either i) create the table yourself before the import
              or ii) set the DDL space name with the SET command in data mover.