Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Question: Shared Report Repositories

  • Robert Ellis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 3:55 AM
      We commonly configure a seperate https web server for report posting i.e. your online web servers don't do the posting.

      Robert Ellis
      PSE Data Security GmbH
      Phone: +41 (0)79 620 49 90
      Fax: +41 (0)43 844 38 50
      http://www.psedatasecurity.com

      From: Shaun <shaundl@...>
      Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:12:03 +0100 (BST)

      <tt>
      Hi Folks,<BR>
      <BR>
      We have a working secure implimentation of weblogic<BR>
      8.1, but currently with only one active Webserver.  We<BR>
      are now looking at activating a second webserver (load<BR>
      balanced by hardware balancers), which has tested out<BR>
      fine.  Unfortunately, there is one area we haven't yet<BR>
      solved, that's the report respository (psreports).<BR>
      <BR>
      What I'd like to get is a feel for how others have<BR>
      solved this common repository for report posting, and<BR>
      opinions on our current ideas would be greatly<BR>
      appreciated:<BR>
      <BR>
      1) NAS solution in failover configuration (has anyone<BR>
      ever attempted this??)<BR>
      2) rsync between webservers<BR>
      3) NFS mounted common drive (we're concerned over the<BR>
      security implications of this)<BR>
      <BR>
      thanks in advance<BR>
      <BR>