Refresh PO or Voucher or few rows in a table from in Test with PROD

  • psftdba5
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2005
      how can i refresh the test database with the production for a
      particular thing like few rows, or a PO or a Voucher details ? - i dont
      want to do export/import.

      any other solutions ?
    • psftdba5
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2005
        Also,

        I have 2 more questions:

        1. which tables peoplesoft stores license ?
        2. how to refresh a PO or Voucher details or some 10 rows in a table in
        test database with the production database?
        3. best way to see what jobs failed ? (Not cron jobs) - jobs in
        peoplesoft ? can i scheduled something, so that when i come to office
        in the morning, it will give me what jobs failed ?

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2005
          Yes, you can, but I don't recommend it without a through technical and
          functional examination of the database objects. The probability that you
          will screw up the database and corrupt the data is extremely high. Doing
          "back door" data insertion without the associated data integrity validation
          -- no good can come of it.

          Best to just do a bit-map refresh. What database are you using? Why do you
          want to do what you're resquesting information on?

          services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
          only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

          "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
          can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
          spend it for you."

          Carl Sandburg
          (1878 - 1967)

          ----Original Message Follows----

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2005
            services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
            only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

            "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
            can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
            spend it for you."

            Carl Sandburg
            (1878 - 1967)

            ----Original Message Follows----

            Also,

            I have 2 more questions:

            1. which tables peoplesoft stores license ? psoptions
            2. how to refresh a PO or Voucher details or some 10 rows in a table in
            test database with the production database? You *CAN'T* without causing data
            referential integrity issues.
            3. best way to see what jobs failed ? (Not cron jobs) - jobs in peoplesoft ?
            can i scheduled something, so that when i come to office in the morning, it
            will give me what jobs failed ?
            Look at the process monitor. build an sqr to query the process scheduler
            tables and cron it.