4972RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Performance Managment

  • the_dragon Draco
    Jul 4, 2013

      Those are physical servers, but they can be virtualized.

      Spending less than 30k on production servers is going to come back to bite the client in the long run.  ERP systems are not cheap, and anyone who tries to run million dollar software on cheap hardware.... well, you know where this is headed.

      You can cram everything you need onto those servers, but your performance under load is going to suck.  At a minimum, you need to carve out on each server the following: 1 DB isntance (primary and failover), I'd go with a minimum of 2 PIA instances with an admin console, 2 application servers and 1 process scheduler servers on each server.

      That's a lot for what you have.  Realistically, for a production instance, I'd recommend a separate physical server for each database (even though one will just spin most of the time)- perhaps you could use the standby to house non-prod components.

      Also, I don't see you mentioning the mom-production development stream, a minimum of Demo, Dev, Test and UA.  You certainly can no cram those on the servers you mention.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: huzaifahi@...
      Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 20:00:33 -0700
      Subject: Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Performance Managment

      no its physical server if you have any experience kindly share with me.