434Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Stress Test (loadrunner)

  • Henry Poras
    Jan 5, 2004
      Rich,
      Sorry, but I am not the one configuring LoadRunner. I just started
      attending the stress test meetings (so it is probably a bit late to
      make major changes, though hopefully that isn't necessary). I am just
      trying to better understand exactly what the tool does, what data it
      collects, what data I must collect independently, and what model(s)
      will be used to analyze the data.

      I'll let you know how it goes.

      Henry

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Rich Gesler <rgesler@y...> wrote:
      > Henry -
      > Sorry, I have no answers to your question. However, I
      > am on the road right behind you, so I have a question
      > of you (if I may, please).
      >
      > How difficult is it to set up LoadRunner for
      > Financials? We are looking for a stress/regression
      > test tool set. We don't have a lot of money left for
      > tools and Mercury stuff is, I believe, pricey. So, we
      > want to find a tool that won't require hiring an
      > additional resource to manage. Any input on this
      > would be appreciated.
      >
      > One other question for the list: We are doing a new
      > install of Financials and SCM here. Today, we just
      > received the PeopleSoft software. It's got the BEA
      > Weblogic and Tuxedo but, I don't see the MicroFocus
      > Cobol cd's. Is this a seperate purchase? I assumed
      > that if the particular PeopleSoft module required
      > Cobol we would receive the necessary software.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rich Gesler
      >

      > --- Henry Poras <hporas@c...> wrote:
      > > We are planning on running a stress test of our
      > > PeopleSoft Financials
      > > system with LoadRunner starting next week. I have
      > > never gone through
      > > this process before, and am looking for suggestions
      > > as to the best
      > > stuff to monitor. Right now, I am planning to to run
      > > statspack, and
      > > take vmstat snapshots on the OS (Sun Solaris). Are
      > > there any other
      > > suggestions? Thanks for the help.
      > >
      > > Henry

      > http://search.yahoo.com/top2003