4279enabledbmonitoring question

  • m19peters
    Aug 11, 2010
      I'm unfortunate enough to have to work with PeopleSoft on SQL Server. I'm trying to figure out a way to use Resource Governor. For those that don't know what that is... it's a way to assign a connection within sql server to a "resource pool". This "pool" might only be allowed 10% of the cpu... or memory.. or whatever. It's a way to "govern" your resources on your sql box.

      Does anyone know how this context info or app_name are set. Is there some configuration parameter that needs set or some code that needs changed or whatever... that would have sql server display the program name much like oracle does.

      When I trace the db I see "SET CONTEXT INFO <some binary>" displayed before each transaction. I just need some way to jump in before that and write "psqrysrv.exe" on the end of it if its coming from ps query.

      Sorry for the sql server question... but your the only group I could find for peoplesoft dba's.

      Also, just knowing what you know about peoplesoft... is there some other way you would think of doing this. I'm new to peoplesoft... I use to primarily work with SAP.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic