1815Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum New poll for psftdba

    May 4, 2006
      I would *NEVER* be willing to switch from anything that doesn't have Oracle
      as a back end and Unix as an OS. Windoze/sql server is too flakey, full of
      security holes and not scalable for large scale applications. DB2 is too
      slow and cumberson. Ditto for Informix and Sybase. Windoze process
      schedulers can *barely* handle that, and aren't up to the task of even being
      PIA hosts. The mainframe, well, perfectly goodas a boat anchor or
      artificial reef, but not right for Client Server applications.

      Just my thoughts, based upon 15 years in IT and 7 with PeopleSoft. And,
      yes, I have been exposed to all of the OSs and databases I have depricated
      above.

      peace,
      clark

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you."

      Carl Sandburg
      (1878 - 1967)

      ----Original Message Follows----

      I am agree with you but just would like to inform you that I had just
      only 25 options to entered when I was forming this poll.

      Anyway, let this poll be completed and find out the missing
      platform�. I appreciate your quick response for this poll.

      This is just to track which OS & DB is mostly used. Also, how many
      PeopleSoft's clients are willingly to switch over to other platform
      after acquisition i.e. DB2 + Mainframe to Oracle + Unix flavor....

      Definitely your responses will help to achieve some conclusion, and I
      hope that will be beneficiary for all of us.

      cheers,
      manoj

      Failures are the pillar of success.....