mischke/janke families to canada 1860s klein tromnau

  • mnsr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2003
      Hi:
      Wie gehts? My family is from Klein Tromnau, a number of families
      went down to the river and then took a boat to the sea where they
      used false names to go on board, because of fear of the King, and
      then they took the eleven week sailboat ride to North America,
      coming to Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and then later to
      Williamsford,Sullivan Township, Grey County. This took place I think
      in the early 1860s.

      I understand there are Mischke and Janke families in the area still.
      I am interested....Maurice Robinson, P.O. Box 592, Pickering,
      Ontario, Canada, L1V3T3 mnsr@...
    • ldydragonslair
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2003
        --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mnsr" <mnsr@y...> wrote:
        > Hi:
        > Wie gehts? My family is from Klein Tromnau, a number of families
        > went down to the river and then took a boat to the sea where they
        > used false names to go on board, because of fear of the King, and
        > then they took the eleven week sailboat ride to North America,
        > coming to Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and then later to
        > Williamsford,Sullivan Township, Grey County. This took place I
        think
        > in the early 1860s.
        >
        > I understand there are Mischke and Janke families in the area still.
        > I am interested....Maurice Robinson, P.O. Box 592, Pickering,
        > Ontario, Canada, L1V3T3 mnsr@y...

        I saw your post here and have to say that I too have family from the
        Klein Tromnau area and Posen area that went to Guelph and lived for
        some time before some then went on down into Washington and Oregon.
        I also have a couple of distant family members doing work on the same
        areas. Maybe I/we can help?

        Megan