Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Lyons from Prussia

  • Tom .W
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2003
      I received your message for "Lyons", perhaps by mistake. I did have a great
      grandfather & I believe his name was
      Heinrich Wilke (or Wilkie), supposedly from an area which used to be
      Prussia, then Germany & is now in Poland;
      he was a German General under Kaiser Willhelm I was told. Does anyone have
      information to send me ??

      rsvp, Thanks !!

      Thomas Wilkie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
        Tom:
        It was not sent to you by mistake.....when you join these groups, everyone
        on the list gets the same mail!
        Shari

        "Tom .W" <ibi-ubu@...> wrote:
        I received your message for "Lyons", perhaps by mistake. I did have a great
        grandfather & I believe his name was
        Heinrich Wilke (or Wilkie), supposedly from an area which used to be
        Prussia, then Germany & is now in Poland;
        he was a German General under Kaiser Willhelm I was told. Does anyone have
        information to send me ??

        rsvp, Thanks !!

        Thomas Wilkie
        > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR
        census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

        > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
        places that my Lyons roots may have
        > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
        > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
        > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
        > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
        > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
        > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
        >
        > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
        > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
        > help! :)
        >
        > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
        > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
        >
        > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor