Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Lyons from Prussia

  • msmartinstx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2003
      I thought I had that census, but I apparently do not. So, yes I would
      appreciate receiving it. It would have Max, wife Francis (or Fannie),
      son Arthur Isaac (Ike), and daughters Lillian, Evelyn, Mae, and
      Lucille. Fannie's brother Joseph Kempner could be living with them.
      I believe they were all in the mercantile/dry goods business.

      Nicole

      PS I should have put he is my great-great grandfather. Lillian Lyons
      is my great-grandmother. She married a MS boy who may have originally
      come to work on the railroad, George K Martin.

      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, shari cygan
      <sharicygan@y...> wrote:
      > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910
      AR census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

      > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@y...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
      places that my Lyons roots may have
      > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
      > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
      > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
      > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
      > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
      > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
      >
      > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
      > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
      > help! :)
      >
      > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
      > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
      >
      > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Tom .W
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2003
        I received your message for "Lyons", perhaps by mistake. I did have a great
        grandfather & I believe his name was
        Heinrich Wilke (or Wilkie), supposedly from an area which used to be
        Prussia, then Germany & is now in Poland;
        he was a German General under Kaiser Willhelm I was told. Does anyone have
        information to send me ??

        rsvp, Thanks !!

        Thomas Wilkie
        > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR
        census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

        > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
        places that my Lyons roots may have
        > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
        > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
        > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
        > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
        > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
        > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
        >
        > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
        > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
        > help! :)
        >
        > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
        > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
        >
        > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • shari cygan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
          Tom:
          It was not sent to you by mistake.....when you join these groups, everyone
          on the list gets the same mail!
          Shari

          "Tom .W" <ibi-ubu@...> wrote:
          I received your message for "Lyons", perhaps by mistake. I did have a great
          grandfather & I believe his name was
          Heinrich Wilke (or Wilkie), supposedly from an area which used to be
          Prussia, then Germany & is now in Poland;
          he was a German General under Kaiser Willhelm I was told. Does anyone have
          information to send me ??

          rsvp, Thanks !!

          Thomas Wilkie
          > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR
          census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

          > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
          places that my Lyons roots may have
          > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
          > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
          > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
          > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
          > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
          > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
          >
          > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
          > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
          > help! :)
          >
          > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
          > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
          >
          > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor