Lyons from Prussia

  • msmartinstx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2003
      I am trying to find possible places that my Lyons roots may have
      originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
      being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
      discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
      great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
      immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
      and from what I understand, Orthodox.

      Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
      where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
      help! :)

      I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
      it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.

      Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
    • shari cygan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2003
        I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

        msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible places that my Lyons roots may have
        originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
        being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
        discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
        great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
        immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
        and from what I understand, Orthodox.

        Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
        where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
        help! :)

        I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
        it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.

        Any help/ideas will be apprciated.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • msmartinstx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2003
          I thought I had that census, but I apparently do not. So, yes I would
          appreciate receiving it. It would have Max, wife Francis (or Fannie),
          son Arthur Isaac (Ike), and daughters Lillian, Evelyn, Mae, and
          Lucille. Fannie's brother Joseph Kempner could be living with them.
          I believe they were all in the mercantile/dry goods business.

          Nicole

          PS I should have put he is my great-great grandfather. Lillian Lyons
          is my great-grandmother. She married a MS boy who may have originally
          come to work on the railroad, George K Martin.

          --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, shari cygan
          <sharicygan@y...> wrote:
          > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910
          AR census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

          > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@y...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
          places that my Lyons roots may have
          > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
          > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
          > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
          > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
          > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
          > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
          >
          > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
          > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
          > help! :)
          >
          > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
          > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
          >
          > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Tom .W
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2003
            I received your message for "Lyons", perhaps by mistake. I did have a great
            grandfather & I believe his name was
            Heinrich Wilke (or Wilkie), supposedly from an area which used to be
            Prussia, then Germany & is now in Poland;
            he was a German General under Kaiser Willhelm I was told. Does anyone have
            information to send me ??

            rsvp, Thanks !!

            Thomas Wilkie
            > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR
            census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

            > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
            places that my Lyons roots may have
            > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
            > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
            > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
            > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
            > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
            > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
            >
            > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
            > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
            > help! :)
            >
            > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
            > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
            >
            > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • shari cygan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
              Tom:
              It was not sent to you by mistake.....when you join these groups, everyone
              on the list gets the same mail!
              Shari

              "Tom .W" <ibi-ubu@...> wrote:
              I received your message for "Lyons", perhaps by mistake. I did have a great
              grandfather & I believe his name was
              Heinrich Wilke (or Wilkie), supposedly from an area which used to be
              Prussia, then Germany & is now in Poland;
              he was a German General under Kaiser Willhelm I was told. Does anyone have
              information to send me ??

              rsvp, Thanks !!

              Thomas Wilkie
              > I found a Max Lyons age 55, wife Francis(?) and family in the 1910 AR
              census. If you like. I will forward you the census image.

              > msmartinstx <msmartinstx@...> wrote:I am trying to find possible
              places that my Lyons roots may have
              > originated. My great-grandfather Max D Lyons was always listed as
              > being born in Prussia/Poland/Russia in census records. I have yet to
              > discover his parentage or any family members. He married my
              > great-grandmother in 1887 in Pulaski County, AR. Census say he
              > immigrated ca. 1871. I have yet to find him in 1880. He was Jewish
              > and from what I understand, Orthodox.
              >
              > Any ideas of what his original name may have been?? Any ideas to
              > where he may have been born with the surname Lyons? I could use the
              > help! :)
              >
              > I am awaiting his death certificate. I am not sure what information
              > it will contain since he died in 1922 in Fort Worth, Texas.
              >
              > Any help/ideas will be apprciated.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor