ancestors from Trakehnen

  • blinkbonny <thoroughbredsrul@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2003
      Does anyone from this list have ancestors hailing from Trakehnen,
      East Prussia? My great grandfather August LABOMASCUS (may have been
      Americanized from the Lithuanian LABANAUSKUS) emigrated from there in
      1871. His father's name was Christian LABOMASCUS/LABANAUSKUS.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      I sometimes feel where my g'grandpa came from is responsible for my
      love of horses, as Trakehnen was the location of the famous stud of
      Trakehner horses! :-)