recent messages

  • babrown12
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
      I have not checked the "new files uploaded to prussiangenealogy",
      but something tells me that webcams and dating services do not pertain
      to genealogy research. Is there no editing of these contributions?
      What is the purpose of Yahoo groups passwords and the other security
      provisions if not to protect us from nonsense like this?
    • blinkbonny <thoroughbredsrul@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hear! Hear! I've gotten garbage like this, usually porn files
        uploaded to some of my other groups. What I've read in WIRED
        magazine is, the porn bot will switch over to a human to help
        complete the application for membership in sites like yahoogroups
        (quote "usually hormonal teens" unquote), so it can maaquerade as a
        real person.
        I don't know why the moderators don't go right after these bots,
        unless there are so darn many of them, they can't keep up. It's bad
        enough my hotmail inbox is clogged with trash like this!