KEMPIN

  • Dennis Appell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      I'm a new member to this group and am researching the following
      couple on my Mother's side:

      Christian Frederick KEMPIN - born Jan 08, 1838 - married a Rosalie
      Wilhelmina(___?) - (we do not know her maiden name) - born Feb 19,
      1840 - both supposedly from Prussia. They were married Dec 27, 1864
      in Prussia before they came the United States.

      They came to Kewanee, Illinois where their daughter Mary Louisa
      KEMPIN was born (I do not know if she was their only child or not);
      moved on to Corning, Nemaha County, Kansas where their daughter
      married Carl F. FURST; then Christian and Rosalie continued to
      Corvellas, Oregon where they died.

      Any help would be appreciated - I have no idea where in Prussia they
      originated.