Re: Rhinoprussia

  • lapflash
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2002
      Hello Meggie, I found the below information on Peter Kiebel. I will
      post an image of the Ohio census.

      Gordon

      1- The following information was found on Family Tree Maker , CD#354:

      Place: New York
      Year: 1857
      Age: 19

      Primary Immigrant: Kiebel, Peter

      Source Code: 1133.38

      Source Publication:
      CASSADY, MICHAEL. "Ship Passenger Lists." In Illinois State
      Genealogical Society Quarterly, vol. 15:1 (Spring 1983), pp. 2-8.

      Source Page Number: 3

      Permanent Entry Number: 1346995
      Accession Number: 8773510

      2- The following information was found on Family Tree Maker, CD#355:

      Passenger's Name: Peter Kiebel
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Occupation: Coach Maker
      Last Residence: Prussia
      Date of Arrival: Jun 20, 1857
      Final Destination: Chicago
      Purpose for Travel: Staying in the USA
      Ship's Name: Belgique
      Captain's Name: M. J. Frantzen
      Manifest ID Number: 00008957
      Port of Embarkation: Marseilles
      Mode of Travel: Steerage

      3- The attachment is part of the U.S. 1870 census ledger, page 388,
      State of Ohio, Henry County, Plesant Township. These records are not
      indexed and so, one must review hundreds of individual pages while
      searching. The record shows:

      a - line 25, Peter Kiebel, age 32, with occupation; Ret DG Merchant
      (I suspect that means Retail Dry Goods Merchant)
      b- line 26, Barbara, age 26
      c- line 27, Mary, age 2
      d- line 28, John, age 33(living with), with occupation; Clerks in
      Store

      I am not sure what exact information you need but, if you tell me, I
      will try to help you. The town of New Bavaria, Ohio is about 600
      kilometers from my home in Pennsylvania. Thank you again, for your
      response. Gordon