Trakenen ancestors

  • blinkbonny
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2002
      Hello all, I am descended from August LABOMASCUS (Americanized from
      Labanauskus, etc, perhaps?) who emigrated from Trakehnen, Eastern
      Prussia, to Marinette, Wisconsin in 1872.
      His father's name was Christian LABOMASCUS, and his mother was
      Henriette (nee SPUITH).
      Is any one else researching ancestors from Trakehnen, or have more
      info on the village? All I know about Trakehnen was it was near the
      famous Trakehner stud. Some or most or all of the workers at the
      stud MIGHT have lived in the village.
      Any information greatly appreciated. Thank you.