old documents- any translation help available??

  • cjsmommy56
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2002
      I have old documents-
      from 1880's that are genealogical papers.
      I believe GEBURTSURKUNDE is a birth certificate, but can't translate
      any better than that.
      I have always been told my ancestors came from Nawra Poland, but I
      found a letter from a cousin that said that back in the 1880s Nawra
      was in the Catholic parish of Radomno- WestPreussen Germany
      can anyone help me out a little??
      I'm kinda confused
      Do I look for information in Germany or Poland??
      I suppose that this is why all my ancestors said German when asked
      their Nativity, or changed it to the most recent occupation for that
      era

      any help would be GREATLY appreciated

      Thank You,
      Kerri Gibson