Ways to find former Eastern German places

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      Hello all.

      Wow, yesterday's note generated a bit of input for me. I guess there might have been some interest in finding those former German cities, towns & villages after all. To provide a more complete set of tools and pointers, I have written a new posting on the topic. You may read and get links on "how & where" various former German locations "were, or have become," here:

      http://www.many-roads.com/2012/07/01/former-eastern-german-place-names/

      As always, my bias is to those locations nearest and dearest to my family- West Prussia/ Westpreu├čen. Although these tools and pointers will help immensely with other provinces as well, including East Prussia, Pomerania, Silesia, etc. Please feel to pass this along if you think you know of someone who might benefit.

      atb