Mixing Operating Systems & Genealogy Tools

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2012
      For those who worry about which computing platform they run on and whether or not their favorite Genealogy Toolset might work there, I have written a brief chronology of running a Windows application (FTM 2012) on a non-Windows PC. Although my experience involves Windows and Linux, the same tools and logic will work in exactly the same manner in a heterogeneous environment of Windows-Mac (Apple); Unix- Mac- Windows- Linux; or any combination of environments you might wish to employ.

      I hope folks find the tools and approach helpful.

      The posting may be found at: http://goo.gl/8G95z

      ATB