Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Using Mendeley &tc. for Genealogy Research

  • Mark F Rabideau
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
      Hi Kim

      Mendeley has 2 major differences... it is for conducting academic
      research (it automatically builds bibliographies and allows communities
      to merge and share source materials) plus it runs on all major platforms
      (Evernote is primarily a windows thing with nods to other environments).

      I tried and did not like Evernote... for whatever that's worth. But
      then it takes a lot of hacking to make it work on my platforms.

      ManyRoads Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss Family); *Professional
      Genealogist *
      *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
      *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
      *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
      Genealogical Society
      *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
      want him or whether you don't."*

      Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

      On 02/02/2012 08:50 AM, kklopping@... wrote:

      > Mark, what is the difference between Mendeley and Ever-Note?
      >
      > Kim

    • Mark F Rabideau
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hi Kim

        I have added the following comparison to the post, relating to your query.

        "Here is a comparison of Mendeley to other data gathering tools:
        http://library.law.yale.edu/research/research-management-and-citation "