RE: [Prussian Genealogy] German Genealogy Tips #4

  • Vicki Enigk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2011
      It's not different, it's just more difficult! LOL

      I do Swedish research, and it's a cakewalk compared to Germany. If you can
      find your person in just ONE PLACE at any given time, you can usually trace
      the family backward and forward.

      It doesn't help that so much in Germany was destroyed during the war.

      Vicki

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2011
        Hi Vicki,

        There are certainly places that are easier to do genealogy than
        Germany. As you noted, losing a couple wars makes things a bit more
        difficult; being ethnically cleansed from areas a time or two doesn't
        help much either. ;-)

        *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
        *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
        *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
        *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
        Genealogical Society
        *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
        want him or whether you don't."*

        Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)