Seeking birth certificate

  • roswellies
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      Hello,

      I am searching for my grandfather's birth certificate or information about his adoption. I know he was born in 1901, but was fostered out shortly after and possibly adopted as his mother died just after he was born. He always listed Berlin as his place of birth, but I am unsure if this is true.

      I have written to the church in Nauen where he lived most of his life, but they have no record of his birth.
      Would anyone have any suggestions as to where we could look?

      Thanks
      Petra