Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider

  • Mark Rabideau
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
      Hello Avis

      You may be related to this Senger Tree:

      http://rumpel.familytreeguide.com/search.php?mylastname=SENGER&lnqualify=equals&mybool=AND&tree=&PHPSESSID=4052a8b88feb6eeb3aa8846482845c93

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      “May you have the hindsight to know where you've been; the foresight to
      know where you are going; and the insight to know when you have gone too
      far.”
      -Irish Blessing

      From: Avis Thirsk <flea_4u@...>
      To: prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:23:51 -0600
      Mailer: MSN 9

      Thank you for your reply.
      It has taken me at least 10 years to get this far. With little to no
      information.
      I was pretty sure Rudolf was the correct spelling, but have seen it
      spelt 3 different ways now.
      Amelia I have spelt at least 2 ways. Have them entering the US in 1883
      and then again in 1900 PA.
      I'm still grasping at straws as to where they came from and what family
      was left in Prussia.

      Have a safe 4th.

      Avis
      From: flea4u2 <flea_4u@...<mailto:flea_4u%40msn.com>>
      To: prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com<mailto:prussiangenealogy%
      40yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider
      Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:39:40 -0000

      Loetzen

    • Avis Thirsk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
        Awesome, thank you so much for doing some digging for me.
        I greatly appreciate any and all help.

        Have a safe weekend.

        I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
        Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
        allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
        million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

        You can read about it here:
        http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/<http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/>
        A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/<http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/>

        My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
        others are on my website (http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/>). The German post-WW2
        Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
        discuss.

        As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
        these useful:

        http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/<http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/>

        Have a wonderful holiday.

        http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein><http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein>>

        Visit us at: http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/><http://many-roads.com/<http://many-roads.com/>>