Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider

  • Mark Rabideau
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi Avis

      I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
      Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
      allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
      million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

      You can read about it here:
      http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/
      A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/

      My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
      others are on my website (http://many-roads.com). The German post-WW2
      Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
      discuss.

      As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
      these useful:

      http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/

      Have a wonderful holiday.

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      “May you have the hindsight to know where you've been; the foresight to
      know where you are going; and the insight to know when you have gone too
      far.”
      -Irish Blessing

      From: Mark Rabideau<mailto:genealogy@...>
      To:
      prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com<mailto:prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      From: flea4u2 <flea_4u@...<mailto:flea_4u%40msn.com>>
      To: prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com<mailto:prussiangenealogy%
      40yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider
      Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:39:40 -0000

      Loetzen

    • Mark Rabideau
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
        Hello Avis

        You may be related to this Senger Tree:

        http://rumpel.familytreeguide.com/search.php?mylastname=SENGER&lnqualify=equals&mybool=AND&tree=&PHPSESSID=4052a8b88feb6eeb3aa8846482845c93

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
          Awesome, thank you so much for doing some digging for me.
          I greatly appreciate any and all help.

          Have a safe weekend.

          I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
          Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
          allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
          million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

          You can read about it here:
          http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/<http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/>
          A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/<http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/>

          My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
          others are on my website (http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/>). The German post-WW2
          Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
          discuss.

          As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
          these useful:

          http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/<http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/>

          Have a wonderful holiday.

          http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein><http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein>>

          Visit us at: http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/><http://many-roads.com/<http://many-roads.com/>>