Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider

  • Avis Thirsk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      Thank you for your reply.
      It has taken me at least 10 years to get this far. With little to no information.
      I was pretty sure Rudolf was the correct spelling, but have seen it spelt 3 different ways now.
      Amelia I have spelt at least 2 ways. Have them entering the US in 1883 and then again in 1900 PA.
      I'm still grasping at straws as to where they came from and what family was left in Prussia.

      Have a safe 4th.

      Avis
      From: flea4u2 <flea_4u@...<mailto:flea_4u%40msn.com>>
      To: prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com<mailto:prussiangenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider
      Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:39:40 -0000

      Loetzen

    • Mark Rabideau
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
        Hi Avis

        I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
        Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
        allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
        million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

        You can read about it here:
        http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/
        A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/

        My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
        others are on my website (http://many-roads.com). The German post-WW2
        Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
        discuss.

        As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
        these useful:

        http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/

        Have a wonderful holiday.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
          Hello Avis

          You may be related to this Senger Tree:

          http://rumpel.familytreeguide.com/search.php?mylastname=SENGER&lnqualify=equals&mybool=AND&tree=&PHPSESSID=4052a8b88feb6eeb3aa8846482845c93

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
            Awesome, thank you so much for doing some digging for me.
            I greatly appreciate any and all help.

            Have a safe weekend.

            I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
            Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
            allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
            million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

            You can read about it here:
            http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/<http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/>
            A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/<http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/>

            My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
            others are on my website (http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/>). The German post-WW2
            Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
            discuss.

            As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
            these useful:

            http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/<http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/>

            Have a wonderful holiday.

            http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein><http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein>>

            Visit us at: http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/><http://many-roads.com/<http://many-roads.com/>>