Re: [Prussian Genealogy] Schneider

  • Mark Rabideau
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 12:55 PM
      Hi Avis

      Loetzen seems to have been a town near the former Allenstein in East
      Prussia (Allenstein, Ostpreussen)-- now in Poland. see:
      http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein

      Of the names you have Rudolf is the correct traditional German
      spelling... Amelia/Emelia is not a very common German female name-
      perhaps she Americanized it? I'd use LDS Church records to see if you
      can find the Loetzen Church (probably Catholic is the best place to
      start).

      Good luck!

      Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
      Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      “May you have the hindsight to know where you've been; the foresight to
      know where you are going; and the insight to know when you have gone too
      far.”
      -Irish Blessing

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 2:23 PM
        Thank you for your reply.
        It has taken me at least 10 years to get this far. With little to no information.
        I was pretty sure Rudolf was the correct spelling, but have seen it spelt 3 different ways now.
        Amelia I have spelt at least 2 ways. Have them entering the US in 1883 and then again in 1900 PA.
        I'm still grasping at straws as to where they came from and what family was left in Prussia.

        Have a safe 4th.

        http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein>

        Visit us at: http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 2:45 PM
          Hi Avis

          I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
          Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
          allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
          million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

          You can read about it here:
          http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/
          A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/

          My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
          others are on my website (http://many-roads.com). The German post-WW2
          Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
          discuss.

          As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
          these useful:

          http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/

          Have a wonderful holiday.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3 1:23 PM
            Hello Avis

            You may be related to this Senger Tree:

            http://rumpel.familytreeguide.com/search.php?mylastname=SENGER&lnqualify=equals&mybool=AND&tree=&PHPSESSID=4052a8b88feb6eeb3aa8846482845c93

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3 4:32 PM
              Awesome, thank you so much for doing some digging for me.
              I greatly appreciate any and all help.

              Have a safe weekend.

              I can almost certainly assure you that none of your family or any other
              Germans for that matter are left in the Allenstein area. After WW2 the
              allies ethnically cleansed the East of Germans -expelling some 14
              million and killing approximately 3 million in the expulsion process.

              You can read about it here:
              http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/<http://many-roads.com/key-topics/vertriebenen/>
              A photo gallery is here: http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/<http://many-roads.com/photo-galleries/flucht/>

              My mother's family 'expulsion' story along with the stories of numerous
              others are on my website (http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/>). The German post-WW2
              Expulsion is a part of history that we only very rarely teach or
              discuss.

              As for source historical and genealogical materials, you might find
              these useful:

              http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/<http://many-roads.com/libraries/prussia-histories/>

              Have a wonderful holiday.

              http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein><http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreis_Allenstein>>

              Visit us at: http://many-roads.com<http://many-roads.com/><http://many-roads.com/<http://many-roads.com/>>