HERZOG family

  • mary herzog
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2010
      I have some information on my family.  Would appreciate some help in locating a possible place of birth.  I will try to list the info that I have.

      Friedrich Johan Herzog (c-1862( Germeny) to 1930 (Indiana, USA) )  md Susanna Weiss in USA.  Friedrich Johan arrived in USA around 1880.

      F.J.'s parents were Friedrick (1832 Germany - 1910 Chicago, Illinois) and Wilhelmina (1837 Germany - 1900 Chicago, Illinois)

      Friedrick's father was Chris.

      From various USA documents I have pob as Germany/Prussia/Rheinland-Pfals/Mettschulen.
       From a letter written to my grandfather by his mother, Susanna Weiss Herzog, there is mention of  Twin Hills or Twin Cities.  I am not sure if this is a place or a previous family name before "Herzog".  The letter also mentions and describes a coat of arms which was given to the family.

      Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

      It seems like the only messages on this list come from "many-roads".  Are there other people on this list?  Just wondering.

      Mary Herzog Diebel