Re: [Prussian Genealogy] ZASTROW, ROSENTRETER, & STEINAGLE and Helpful Website

  • Suzanne Richardson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2008
      Annette,
      I am fairly new to Prussia research also.  Here are some helpful tips on how to write the German names that I found on clinton.ilgenweb.net.  You might also check out the emslander.com site for some of the names you are looking for.
      Will try to help you if I can, some of my names are Zeug/Zeng/Zieg, Lutzke, Schiffman and a few others.
      Suzanne (look below)

      Emigration and Emigrants from the Former County Lingen to North

      America

      (AKA "The Tenfelde Book)

      These indexes were created by Nancy Moss.  Nancy can be reached

      for lookups through our Clinton County Mailing List or contact her directly..

      Thank you
      Nancy!

      A word about using the "find" feature on your browser using this database:

      German characters are used, so you cannot use "ue" for "ü", etc.

      Use the following guide to create the proper German characters:

      To create Ä, hold down ALT key and press 142; release ALT key

      To create Ö, hold down ALT key and press 153; release ALT key

      To create Ü, hold down ALT key and press 154; release ALT key

      To create ä, hold down ALT key and press 132; release ALT key

      To create ö hold down ALT key and press 148; release ALT key

      To create ü hold down ALT key and press 129; release ALT key

      To create ß, hold down ALT key and press 225; release ALT key

      By Surname

      Abeln - Brüning

      Bruns - Farwig

      Farwik - Grüters

      Gude - Husmann

      Hüsselmann

      - Kötker

      Kotmann - Mersch

      Merschel - Reinders

      Reinel - Schultwilken

      Schultze - Timpe

      Timpen - Wobbe

      Wobben - Zwarte

      .

      By USA

      Place Name

      (Note: Place names were not given for the majority of the listings,

      so this index does not contain all surnames. Also, the place mentioned is not necessarily the destination; it could be the place married, died,

      etc.)

      Original source: Auswanderungen und Auswanderer aus dem ehemaligen

      Kreise Lingen nach Nordamericka, published 1998 by Heimatverein Lingen (Ems),

      Lingen;  Walter Tenfelde, author.

       Return

      to Clinton County Homepage