Evangelical Church of Germany and Prussia

  • mhsbroncos2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      I have recently found out what Church my 3rd great grand father
      belonged to, but have run into a snag in which I won't be able to get
      around until I figure out where he's from.
      The Evangelical Church in Berlin does not do name searches, one has
      to know the name, place and year of the person they are looking for.
      I know the year and name, but not the place.
      But at least I know what denomination to look under here in the US,
      if I can find any that still exist in the counties that I have my
      great grand parents living in.
      I have heard of one great grand father going to the Baptist Church,
      but he never became a memeber, so if I find out there weren't any
      Evangelical Churches in the ares that I'm looking at, that could be
      the next best thing right?
      Hopefully my search became a little easier after this, since church
      rosters will have things written down on each family that is part of
      the congregation. Or they should have such things.

      I'll see from the numbers that I have if I can find a Church
      congregation in the Kane County area in which John and his wife Mary
      were members of if it still exists, some churches have the habit of
      falling apart and making new ones from the ashes, so this should be
      fun.

      Wish me luck!!