Chasing two countries. Any suggestions?

  • mhsbroncos2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2008
      Hessen-Darmstadt or Prussia?

      I have family helping me, thank god.
      But it's still confusiing.
      I've found things in Kansas that should fit- found the Fourier name
      there in the area- but how to go after what else could be
      there in Nebraksa and Illinois is something I'm still looking at.

      But what's worrying me is Europe.

      I knew it wouldn't be easy, even with help, but this is nuts.

      I hope to find more beofre looking for a researcher- which is
      something I may end up doing on parts of my tree.

      So what would you suggest I do with informatiton pointing to two
      different states and countires?

      I can spread it out to family, but I want to contribute.

      How does anyone go about something like this?
    • stehli04
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2008
        Hello, I can understand your problem. Try geneanet.org\
        it is a foreign genealogy website somewhat like ancestry.com. You can
        join at a basic level without cost. There are other websites you will
        learn about and see at geneanet. You will need Google translate found
        at the Goodle website.

        I am trying to find a family members parents in Poland/Prussia by the
        name of Platzke, but no luck yet - I just keep trying and hope
        something turns up.

        Good luck,

        Tom

        --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mhsbroncos2000"