Re: Wihelm Buchholz Bucholz Buchholtz Buckholz Jan 19, 1826 Prussia Prueben Germany

  • Douglas L Buchholz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2006
      Danke. I do have ancestry.com subscription but it is somewhat
      limited. I did find William Buccholz on it marrying to Augustine
      Koehler in supposedly August 25, 1845 in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
      This is very likely a transcription error as she, her father, and
      sisters did not arrive in Amerika unti 1846 from Zehden,
      Prussen/Germany. But I did find that her father Ferdinand Koehler was
      a Shoemaker, and that he did have land in Dodge County, Wisconsin
      very likely right next to Wilhelm Buchholz. Subsequently, he met
      Augustine and married her in August 1848 (this date according to his
      own handwriting in a German English writing per his Civil War pension
      Record materials).

      I honestly don't know when he came across from
      Prussia/Prussen/Germany but according to the 1900 Census he was
      living with his daughter Henrietta who married to Carl Kressler up in
      Lolo, Shoshone Co, Idaho....on this census page it indicates that he
      immigrated in 1844. I tend to wonder about this year of immigration.
      He supposedly was born 19 Januar 1826. But I have no idea if this is
      correct or not. He said it in his Pension Papers. (If only my Great
      Grandma Buchholz would have passed down to me the genealogy and
      photographs that she had...her sister threw it all in the garbage!)
      BUT thankfully I have managed to obtain duplicates of her husband
      Lloyd Buchholz father William F. Buchholz, son of Wilhelm Buchholz
      and Augustine Koehler).

      I am wondering if these other Buchholz folks that immigrated to
      Wisconsin may be related but the descendants just don't know it.
      There are so many questions and not enough answers about this
      Buchholz family. I am thankful for what I do have though very much
      so. I would like to find other descendants of the siblings of William
      Frederich Buchholz, such as Henriette, Sophie, etc etc. Surely they
      must exist.

      Douglas Lloyd Buchholz

      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "gondor1963"