Re: Johannes Finkler born Prussia ca.1834

  • fry_jackie
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "moonrose2u" <moonrose2u@...>
      wrote:

      > this man is my gr gr grandfather and i have come up with a dead end on
      > him for 34 years.
      > his wife was Johannes and she might have been a Rausch.
      >
      > His son Johann ended up Cincinnati and md.Eva Chrisman from Preble Co
      > Ohio.
      >
      > Does anyone know anything about this line???
      >
      > At the risk of sounding stupid here, wasn't Prussia part of now Russia
      > in the n.e. section? how long did it remain Prussia?

      My ggg grandmother was Catharina Finckler Misgen, born abt. 1796. Note
      the spelling of her maiden name. I have found the Finckler name spelled
      both ways for the same person. Catharina's parents were Mathias
      Finckler and Anna Maria Becker. This was Mathias second marriage. His
      first marriage to Anna Klein produces 7 children, one by the name of
      Johann born abt. 1779. I do have more information. If the info I have
      provided so far has been of any help and you would like more...just ask.