Barwich & George Surnames Elbing Prussia

  • jeanie_judson
    Message 1 of 56 , Sep 1 7:05 PM
      Hi, I'm looking for information on my
      grandfather's ancestors. My<br>grandfather, Emil Freidrih
      Reinhold David Barwich was born on 11/9/1869 in<br>Elbing,
      Germany (Prussia) to Johann Barwich and Augusta Louise
      George. He<br>was christened in St. Marienkirche, Elbing
      on 1/1/1870. He had sisters Anna,<br>Emma, and
      Johanna, and possibly 7 brothers that were lost at sea
      with their<br>father. The surname was changed to
      Barwig when Emil arrived in the US.
      Message 56 of 56 , Mar 20, 2002