Re: Johannes Finkler born Prussia ca.1834

  • danielbliesner
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      --- In prussiangenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "moonrose2u"
      <moonrose2u@...> wrote:

      > this man is my gr gr grandfather and i have come up with a dead end
      on
      > him for 34 years.
      > his wife was Johannes and she might have been a Rausch.
      >
      > His son Johann ended up Cincinnati and md.Eva Chrisman from Preble Co
      > Ohio.
      >
      > Does anyone know anything about this line???
      >
      > At the risk of sounding stupid here, wasn't Prussia part of now
      Russia
      > in the n.e. section? how long did it remain Prussia?

      Prussia is currently Poland and Lithuania not Russia.
    • fry_jackie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
        wrote:

        > this man is my gr gr grandfather and i have come up with a dead end on
        > him for 34 years.
        > his wife was Johannes and she might have been a Rausch.
        >
        > His son Johann ended up Cincinnati and md.Eva Chrisman from Preble Co
        > Ohio.
        >
        > Does anyone know anything about this line???
        >
        > At the risk of sounding stupid here, wasn't Prussia part of now Russia
        > in the n.e. section? how long did it remain Prussia?

        My ggg grandmother was Catharina Finckler Misgen, born abt. 1796. Note
        the spelling of her maiden name. I have found the Finckler name spelled
        both ways for the same person. Catharina's parents were Mathias
        Finckler and Anna Maria Becker. This was Mathias second marriage. His
        first marriage to Anna Klein produces 7 children, one by the name of
        Johann born abt. 1779. I do have more information. If the info I have
        provided so far has been of any help and you would like more...just ask.