RAWISZER-BUDSIN, GUMPERT-EXIN

  • stan2334@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
      From their headstones, my greatgrandfather Samuel Rawiszer was born in Budsin about 1822, my greatgrandmother Pauline Gumpert Rawiszer was born in Exin in 1825. She emigrated to the US arriving as Pauline Rawica in July 1863. I have found no record of his arrival but from the birthdate of their last child born in Prussia and the next born in the US he probably came to the US between 1862 and 1864. There were several variations of his surname: Rawitser, Rawitzer, Rawiger, Ravesher, Rawiser and , Rawiczer, as recorded in the 1870 and 1880 censuses and NYC directories from 1867 to 1885, before becoming Rawiszer. I believe that his antecedents may have been originally from the Rawicz area (There are Rawitsers from Bojanowo and Rawitzers from Breslau who settled in NYC in the 1860's). Samuel was supposed to have been a tax collector in Prussia.
      I have been trying to obtain passport records for one son who returned to Europe in 1912, to hopefully find his birthplace.
      I would appreciate any help in getting me back to Prussia.

      stan2334@...

    • Jeanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2006
        For the arrival to the US, have you tried castlegarden.org. I found gg
        grandparents and family on this website. (Arriving to the US)

        _____