Re: newbie question/Nassua/Burg/Prussia

  • Karen Anne Kolling
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      Thank you, folks.

      Frank, I have not had good luck with the Family Search thing on the
      Danish side of my family, using their International search feature.
      It does not seem to be well indexed. I looked for my great
      grandmother in just Denmark, and found no records; then I found her
      parish from other sources and searched specifically in that parish and
      found zilch. It was only when I searched in her parish for just
      anyone with her last name that there she was, with the exact name I
      had previously searched for. I did search for the German folks in the
      international database but turned up zilch also.

      Although I owe the LDS a debt in that they apparently paid for and
      provided a lot of volunteer labor for getting images of the Danish
      parish registers online at the Danish government site. That site is
      invaluable.

      Karen