Gerchow Family

  • andymnielsen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 10:17 AM
      I'm looking to trace the roots back of my great-granfather William
      Gerchow (could also be spelled Wilhelm) who came from Prussia to the
      US as a German engineer hired to help work on the Panama Canal. This
      ancestor's family was cousin's of the German Kaiser in the late 18th
      century and had somekind of a castle in Germany. I am not sure where
      he was born and he most likely did not come through Ellis Island but
      more likely through Louisiana. Does any one have any idea on where I
      could even start looking? I can't seem to find anything online when I
      use any of the search engines or genealogy sites.

      Andrea